Lemon Bread Recipe + New Mugs










Lots has been happening over here at Tabitha! I'm working on keeping up with my goals and dreaming of opportunities to bring you even more cheer through hand lettering and helping others.

I set a goal for this month to list 8 new mugs in the shop and I'm half way there! These four mugs are up in the shop and ready to make your morning just a little more happy.

To celebrate, I made myself some of my grandma's lemon bread. Mmm. Not as rich as a lemon bar but far more exciting than regular bread. Go make yourself some. You deserve it, girl.

Glazed Lemon Bread
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. grated lemon peel
2 cups sifted, all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup milk
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 T. sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and lemon peel; beat well.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating until smooth after each addition.
4. Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until done.
5. Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then spoon mixture of lemon juice and sugar over top. Remove from pan and cool.


Comments